La Belle Vie is ideally located within Bodega Harbour. It’s a 6 minute walk to the Golf Shop, Blue Water Bistro Restaurant and access to Doran Beach.
Through the front door and up just twelve steps you enter an elevated, single level home with an open floor plan that has views of the ocean, Bodega Head & Doran Beach from the living room, kitchen, courtyard and master bedroom.
The living room has a large gas fireplace, a wall of books plus material related to golf, wine and hiking in the region, an extra-large flat screen TV that pulls out from the wall and rotates around the room for viewing from the living room or the kitchen. There are more books and over 40 DVDs in the TV stand. The living room has a sofa, two reclining chairs and a two person mini loveseat.
The kitchen is the jewel of the home. There is a large granite island with three bar stools, a side-by-side Viking refrigerator, a Viking gas range, and a thoroughly well-stocked hutch with glassware and a kitchen stocked for full cooking capabilities (i.e. Dutch oven, slow-cooker, waffle iron, panini maker, pasta pot, good knives, etc.). There is a unique corner window with a telescope to watch the birds and sea lions on Bodega Rock or the nearby Coastal Bird Walk trail.
Down the hall and on the left is the guest bathroom. This room has two sinks, two seperate cabinets (each with their own outlets), a hair dryer, extra space between the sinks and a large walk in shower with three shower heads.
The two guest rooms have queen size beds, dressers, luggage racks, benches and plenty of hangers. The master has the same amenities plus a king bed and water view through the courtyard.
- USB ports throughout the house and the bedrooms
- Private courtyard with a water view
- Room darkening curtains in each bedroom
- Heated towel rack in the master
- Wine cabinet with dual temperature controls
- Queen size 6” tri-fold memory foam mattress for additional sleeping plus folding screen for privacy
- A television, cable and DVD player in every room
- Extra large hot tub and sunken for easy access
- Book and DVD library
- Solar powered lighted umbrella in the courtyard
- Eco Botanics Shampoo and Conditioner
- Welcome Bag with One Hope Wine, Patrick’s Taffy and Gift Certificate to Bluewater Bistro in the Harbour
- Cell phone ‘booster’
- Games: Bean Bag Toss, Jenga, cards, puzzles, poker, karaoke, chess, dominos, mancala, Monty Python Monopoly
- Water softener
- Celestron 120mm Wide View Telescope
- Three kites, two beach chairs, beach towels and insulated picnic basket
- Two zero-gravity chairs in the courtyard, perfect for stargazing
- Dedicated propane gas line for BBQ and fire pit
- Parking garage, driveway and street can easily accommodate three cars
- $475.00 a night (does not include processing & cleaning fees or county occupancy tax)
There is plenty of activities in Bodega Bay! We offer links to sites we have either tried ourselves or that come highly recommended. We are also open to hear about suggestions we can add to this web site.
The Bodega Bay official site for parks and hiking
Pinnacle Gulch Trail (entrance is only 1/4 mile from La Belle Vie) - Shorttail Loop is only accessible during low tide.
Golf - The Links at Bodega are a destination course for golfers. Spectacular views from every hole.
These restaurants come highly recommended or we have tried ourselves and feel comfortable recommending.
A real gem in Bodega Bay is Terrapin Creek. A cosy and causal dining experience that also has a Michelin star. If Open Table show no openings, give them a call.
Gourmet Au Bay is the perfect stop when visiting Bodega Head. They had a great wine and food menu with sheltered outdoor seating. Note when it's busy the wait for food can be long.
Hog Island Oysters - worth the 25 min drive, fantastic fresh oysters, only outdoor seating, highly suggested call ahead of time for a table
Wild flour Bread in Freestone. Destination location for a good reason, don't be discouraged by long lines...it moves quickly. Just up the road from the bread store visit Omar at his amazing cheese shop, Artesian Cheese. Omar will offer you samples of anything, he also has local specialties, jams and olives. Worth a visit.
La Belle Vie
We purchased LBV in the summer of 2018. The house had never been a rental so there are thoughtful touches that only a loved and lived in home can have, such as a pull out pastry shelf , dual control wine cabinet or built -in hutch stocked with extensive glassware, serving trays and even a panini pan.
We spent the summer adding new bedding, towels, books, videos, built-in USB ports, a TV with cable in each room, and other amenities we liked after years of renting homes ourselves.
The staff at Bodega Bay & Beyond do a wonderful job and they make sure the house is clean and ready for each guest.
We make regular visits to the home to check on the 'small' things and usually bring in items guest have requested such as a pizza stone. We also have family in the area so it's an opportunity to spend time at the beach with our nephews.
We hope you enjoy your stay at LBV and please take the time to share your thoughts and suggestions with us.
Sincerely, Jennifer and Kevin